You may have noticed that computer models are being used for a lot of things these days, including modeling the progress of the coronavirus pandemic. We use models to track hurricanes, to predict climate change trends, and a huge number of other applications. What about Value Stream design and Lean Manufacturing? Would you build a car or plane without testing it first in a modeling environment? If not, why should you do that for Lean process improvements? Remember that the worst time to “Kaizen” a process is when it has already been implemented. Another name for that type of improvement is “rework”! In this video Lean Coach Richard Rahn discusses the use of modeling as we approach the New Normal post-coronavirus world.
- How to get to the top 5% in your profession.
- How to Design a line to respond to Demand in the New Normal?
- Remote Support Tools and technology.
- The New Normal for the Supply Chain.
- Flexible Lines/Production as the New Normal.
- Simulation Modeling as a requirement in the New Normal.
- Any other ideas? Suggest them below….